This recipe is so simple it will blow your mind: only 2 ingredients and that’s it!
The secret ingredient for a dairy-free ice cream is… bananas. This one ingredient recipe took the internet by a storm because it is that simple. Basically, you cut a few bananas into chunks, freeze them and then puree them in a food processor. You could technically stop there and do a little dance of joy…but you could also follow your instincts and add a little cocoa powder to achieve a totally vegan chocolate “nice cream”. This has become a treat of choice in our household.
- 4 bananas
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- Add-ons are totally optional but could include: vanilla extract, agave syrup, chocolate chips, swirls of peanut butter, sea salt …
- Cut the bananas into chunks
- Place them in a container and freeze them
- When your bananas are froze, take them out and let them sit for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, you can mix your cacao powder with a lit bit of warm water
- Put them in a food processor with the cacao mixture. At this point, you can incorporate the add-ons of your choice
- Puree until it resembles a soft serve ice cream and enjoy!