This is a salad that I make A LOT in summertime: peppery arugula with fresh juicy watermelon and feta cheese.
I ate something similar at a local restaurant a while ago and found it so good and refreshing that I was eager to recreate it at home. It took some trials to get the perfect dressing but I finally found it.
For a simple but equally tasty variation:
- Use fresh ripe peaches instead of watermelon
- Replace feta cheese with cheddar cheese. The sharpness of cheddar nicely complements the sweetness of the peach
- 1 bunch arugula
- 2 cups diced seedless watermelon
- ½ cup silvered almonds (or sunflower seeds)
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- ½ tsp honey
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the arugula, watermelon, feta and silvered almonds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients
- Drizzle the dressing on the arugula to moisten
- Toss well and adjust the taste with salt and pepper if needed